Senior Director, Product Management, Analytics
Apr 2016 – Present
- Led the team responsible for promotion and loyalty data products and technology across a range of industries, directing product strategy and the development of critical business intelligence and analytics platforms. Delivered big picture perspective across key stakeholders including internal teams, executive management, and client representatives. Acted as Scrum Master with oversight in scheduling, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and delegating tasks among team members.
- Developed sophisticated analytics products and services to offer to clients leveraging HelloWorld loyalty programs, drafting proposals along with negotiating and closing deals. Secured a contract of $2M+ to be the dedicated analytics branch for AARP, providing robust data management services. Increased revenue through analytics services and associated products from $250K to a forecasted $4M+ in under 2 years.
- Oversaw extensive account management services on behalf of development teams. Established and maintained strong relationships with client representatives to understand their needs and craft detailed product requirements for data platforms. Worked closely with major clients such as Samsung, Clorox, AARP, J&J, Rogaine, Nathan’s and Starbucks.
- Managed the deployment of various internal analytics, automation, and tracking to improve the assessment and forecasting of business performance and potential opportunities. Compiled performance data onto a central platforms, automating multiple data management processes through dashboards and reports, in one example reducing labour time needed in compiling data from 80 hours to 15 minutes.
- Implemented a company-wide benchmarking platform (Promotions Success Index) to increase effectiveness of consumer loyalty and promotional programs at HelloWorld. Analyzed key data points, campaign results, timing, and prizing to optimize marketing programs for maximum ROI.
Vice President, Product Development
May 2010 – May 2014
- Drove vision for product and technology including strategy, roadmaps, user experience, business cases, technical specifications, and oversaw the entire software delivery process, working extensively with Atlassian products (Jira/Confluence/HipChat). Implemented Agile methodologies for managing software development, UI/UX design, launch planning, and QA.
- Led the development of key business solutions for clients, driving engineering teams building products for both web and mobile devices. Product development included solutions such as media sites, business intelligence platforms, and an online social networking community.
Co-Founder | COO | Head of Product
May 2010 – May 2014
- Directed the planning, launch and development of a new and innovative SaaS cloud-based RFID inventory management platform for the retail industry. Led all aspects of product design, strategy, build, hiring, onboarding, implementation, ongoing operations, marketing and sales engineering.
- Deployed the company’s RFID software to major retailers, distributions centers, warehouses, and sport venues across North America, improving client overall efficiency in tracking inventory across their supply chain.
Vice President, Business Development
Jan 2009 – Aug 2010
- Cultivated strategic B2B initiatives with international telecoms and enterprise clients resulting in YOY revenue growth of over 300% for company’s mobile apps.
- Drove customer loyalty and adoption by over 50%.
Senior Product Manager
Feb 2003 – Dec 2008
- P&L responsibilities for Customer Management product lines (ILM/CRM) carrying yearly revenue of $3M+ and used by over 5000 dealers throughout North America. Grew product line by 150% achieving profitable top line revenue of $6M+ yearly.
- Designed and assisted with implementation of CRM, digital marketing, and business intelligence software for OEMs including GM, Chrysler, VW, Audi, Nissan, Volvo, Honda, Subaru, and Ford.
Co-Founder | Vice President, Operations
May 1999 – Feb 2003
- Co-founded and developed the business to 50+ employees and 250+ clients before being acquired by a large US software firm, The Cobalt Group. Launched hundreds of pioneering websites, landing pages, and digital marketing initiatives along with being the first to market cloud-based CRM platform in the automotive sector.
- Directly responsible for product management, R&D, operations, IT, and support. Negotiated successful investor exit at a $10M USD valuation in less than 4 years.